Ultra Mode for NVIDIA Graphics Cards is Here!
In addition to all the other amazing changes in today’s [2017_R3] update, we’ve worked with NVIDIA to take PC virtual reality game visuals to a new level with EVE: Valkyrie’s “Ultra” graphics setting. With today’s patch, pilots with supported hardware who switch their graphics settings to Ultra will enable enhanced graphics capabilities, including things like shader and reflection improvements, projectile lights, enhanced cockpit lighting, and sun rays. Check out the screenshots below for a side-by-side comparison!
EVE: Valkyrie’s new Ultra graphics mode greatly enriches and enhances graphical fidelity and immersion, using newly-added technologies and techniques developed and adapted for EVE: Valkyrie in partnership with NVIDIA:
- NVIDIA’s Lens Matched Shading VRWorks rendering technique improves performance and quality, enabling GeForce GTX 1070, 1080 and 1080 Ti graphics cards users to enjoy Ultra mode at smooth, consistent framerates.
- High-quality, physically-based NVIDIA Volumetric Lighting adds immersive, awe-inspiring shafts of bright light to many scenes and levels, transforming their appearance.
- New, superior anti-aliasing can be applied by setting EVE: Valkyrie’s resolution to 175% in Settings -> Graphics -> Advanced Settings -> Resolution, and then selecting “MSGAA”. Developed by NVIDIA, Multi-Sample G-Buffer Anti-Aliasing further reduces visible aliasing of geometry edges and specular highlights, giving players a superior visual experience. Recommended for GeForce GTX 1080 Ti users.
In addition to the above, Ultra mode enhances cockpit lighting, improves the fidelity of shiny, specular surfaces, increases the quality of lighting and shadowing in every area and level, improves the fidelity of reflections and shaders, and adds dynamic lights to projectiles. Together, these enhancements and technologies deliver a more realistic visual experience, closer to what you expect in reality, increasing your immersion and sense of presence.
In order to take advantage of Ultra graphics setting in EVE: Valkyrie, CCP and NVIDIA recommend the following minimum hardware specifications:
- NVIDIA GTX 1070 graphics card
- Intel Core i5-4590 processor
- 8GB RAM
Pilots whose graphics setting are currently set to Ultra will be auto-reset to High if their graphics card no longer meets the updated specification.
If you’ve got the right hardware, turn on Ultra mode and let us know what you think!