It’s with great pleasure that we can now introduce you to the Com Alerts feature coming in the Joint Strike update!
What are Com Alerts?
Com Alerts is a brand new system that allows pilots to quickly send messages to their teammates. These messages allow you to notify your teammates of what you are doing, what you’re planning next, or what you want your teammates to do. Com Alerts are only available in multiplayer, and non-objective-based game modes will only have select messages available to send.
The available messages are as follows:
- Group Up
- On My Way
- Objective A (Control & Carrier Assault only)
- Objective B (Control & Carrier Assault only)
- Objective C (Control & Carrier Assault only)
Each message has an accompanying voice over that teammates will hear when you send your Com Alert. At the beginning of a match you will be randomly assigned 1 of 16 voice actors, and given a male or female voice based on your pilot’s profile data. Due to the random nature of the voice actor assignment, you may have a different voice actor the next time you enter a match.
The team feed is located on the right hand side of the cockpit and displays a text version of your sent Com Alert. It allows you to view sent and received alerts as well as showing the pilot that sent them. If you prefer, Com Alerts can be set to text only, means no accompanying voice over will be played when an alert is sent.
How to send a Com Alert
Com Alerts can only be accessed when you are in battle. To send a Com Alert you need to do the following:
- Press down on the D-Pad. This will bring up the Com Alerts menu.
- Move the right thumb stick to highlight the message you want to send.
- Release down on the D-pad to send the message
- The message is sent. Any accompanying voice over is played and text will appear in the Team Feed.
As always if you have any thoughts or feedback please let us know via the forums!
Fly Safe, CCP Groot